Thursday, January 27, 2011

A conundrum

   Been struggling with writing characters that are decent and kind without being boring.  It isn't easy.  Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables says it best: "Well, I wouldn't marry anyone who was really wicked, but I think I'd like it if he could be wicked and wouldn't."
    I know I am teetering on the edge with Bram.  He is a nice guy, he really doesn't have it in him to be mean.  That is Paul's job  ;)   So, I am thinking about going back and adding more in the insanity area, letting James affect him a little more.  Poor Bram needs more flaws.  He is borderline too perfect. 
   This reminds me of a shirt I saw recently, loved it, want to own it!  It read  Some people were born to suffer. We call them protagonists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment