Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hurrah! First request.

Received my first request today!  Hurrah, I wasn't expecting this until at least 15 more rejections.  I have only received 7 rejections.  Doing the happy dance right now.
"Dear Laurie,

Thank you for your query. We read it with interest and would like to see more.

If you could please send one Word document with the original query and your contact information as the first page, followed by a 3-5 page synopsis and then the first 30 pages of the manuscript, that’d be great.

Let me know if you have any questions."



Ok I am an idiot for not knowing this earlier.  But I guess it is an important thing to have a synopsis ready and polished.  Didn't know they even existed. Didn't come across that in any of my readings.  I now will be spending the entire night working hard to have a decent synopsis.

No comments:

Post a Comment